How Can a Local SEO help your business?
You’ve probably listened a lot about local SEO being one of the most important phases when it comes to digital marketing.
But, we think it’s only fair that before we nod our heads and agree with popular opinion, we need to have a short idea of what exactly local SEO is, its significance in today’s world, and how it affects businesses.
What Is Local SEO?
Local SEO helps to promote your business’ visibility on location-based searches. It is simply a variation of your run-of-the-mill SEO and is aimed at making sure your business gets found online by people searching for it at that locality.
All small or multi-location company can grow their business and attract more customers using local SEO strategies. In this local SEO blog we explain what local search optimization is, and why using a local SEO company can help increase your online visibility.
Those include searches with certain geo qualifiers, such as city, state, zip code, etc., and ‘near me’ searches, where Google picks up the geo-location of the person and provides search results from that area.
What is Local SEO Marketing?
Local SEO (Local Search Engine Optimization), sometimes related to a local search engine marketing, is an amazingly effective way to market your local business online, as it helps businesses promote their products and services to local customers at the accurate time they’re looking for them online.
This is delivered through a variety of methods, some of which differ greatly from what’s trained in standard SEO, and some of which are far easier to manage using local SEO tools and can require specific local SEO services.
What is ‘Local Search’?
Initial, let’s look at the differences between a standard informational search and what’s known as a local search.
DID YOU KNOW? According to Google, 46% of searches have a ‘local intent’.
Whereas anyone in the world with good suitable SEO and authority can rank for a search query like ‘how to fix a blocked drain’, when the query has much more purchase intent behind it, it becomes ‘SEO Company near me’ or ‘Best SEO Company in [location]'.
For certain types of search query, which typically include a location or ‘near me’ (which aren’t even necessary if searching using Google Maps or if Google knows your location and assumes the search has local intent), search engines understand that what the searcher wants is business suggestions or lists based on location, and so that’s precisely what they offer up in the local search engine results pages (SERPs). This difference in behavior and result is precisely why local SEO is important and worth investing in alongside standard SEO.
How do I rank well in local search?
So now you know what local business SEO’s all about, you’ll probably be wondering how to actually achieve success in it! First, we’d suggest familiarizing yourself with the three core elements of local search ranking:
- Proximity:-How close is your business to the searcher?
- Relevance:-How relevant to the search query are your products and services?
- Prominence: What do other consumers say about your products and services?
BENEFITS OF LOCAL SEO SERVICES:-
There are a few distinct benefits of hiring an SEO company for local SEO services:
- Local SEO improves online visibility for local customers:– 96% of people go online to find local services, and 94% of them won’t go past the first page of the search results. Local SEO works to increase your page rankings, therefore increasing your online visibility.
- Local SEO improves web traffic, leads, and sales from local visitors:– If you’re a local company, getting web visits and leads from users in a different city, state, or country won’t do anything to build your business. With local SEO, you improve traffic from customers in your particular service areas, which means you’ll get a higher visit-to-sale rate.
- Local SEO provides more targeted geographic campaigns:– Modern customers expect hyper-personalized online experiences. With local SEO, you can target campaigns to extremely small, localized groups of people.
- Local SEO makes you stand out from your competitors:– Less than 50% of businesses currently use local SEO services. What that means for you is a great opportunity to get forward and stand out in directories, maps, local searches, and social media.
Why Hire a Local SEO Company?
If you’re like most business proprietors, you wear many hats. Between running the company, dealing with day-to-day issues, and still trying to make time for your family, there’s just not much free time left at the end of the day. However, as the search engines update their local search ranking factors, it’s important you educate yourself so that you don’t fall behind the competition. We can help!
SMAC DIgital is Digital marketing company with great results for getting our clients more rankings, traffic, leads, and sales from the website. We aim to make every client a raving fan of our work, and we want you to be next.
Our SEO campaign executives will use their expert knowledge, industry insight and range of tools to understand your company from a local business perspective, analyze the competitive landscape, catch right baseline information about the performance of your current marketing strategies, evaluate your website and local online presence, and formulate a strategy to increase your traffic and leads.